Monday, April 11, 2011

Flynn's Pom Pom Critter Song

In order to understand the video at the end, I have to explain the situation in parts.

Part 1-  We made pom pom critters today.  The craft project was a bit of a fiasco, but the boys enjoyed themselves.

One of the mostly decent PPCs made.
(Don't pick him up, however.  The glue was not so sticky.)
Part 2-  Children pick up on our habits.  I was unaware of how much I hum to myself until both boys started doing it.  I also enjoy making up songs.  My most famous song is the "Spicy Beef Song".  Tim and I had been married for three or four years before I created that one.  There's also a dance to go along with it.

Part 3- My children love cameras. They really do. As much as they love cameras, they aren't keen on standing still having their picture taken. They immediately want to see the result on the LCD screen. They are more interested in seeing themselves on the screen than doing the work needed for me to take the damn picture to appear on the screen. Video is more difficult to caputre. I have to be really, really sneaky to get video of them any more.



And now, without further ado, the Pom Pom Critter Song!



OK, so he's just shouting "pom pom critters" over and over while banging the drum.  He would do it for long stretches, until, naturally, I brought out the camera. 

No comments:

Post a Comment